Home Fumigation vs. Spot Treatment
Did you know that a single Drywood Termite colony can have upwards of two million members? Each year, termites cause $5 billion in damage. These unsleeping pests often remain out of sight, as the outer surface is left intact while the inside is eaten away!
Unsure if it is termite damage? Look for termite droppings. While every situation is different, our trained professionals will inspect the following common termite entry points:
- Foundation cracks and crevices
- Spaces between concrete blocks and slab Joints
- Eaves, doors, attics, and windows.
Commonly referred to as a termite inspection, bug nerds like ourselves know it as a WDO (Wood Destroying Organisms) Inspection. JP Miller & Sons Solutions termite experts will inspect a building’s structural integrity, and review other areas that are likely to attract termites, dry rot, fungus, and all the rest. Often, to the untrained eye, there’s no apparent indication that something is amiss. Our highly skilled technicians will carefully examine the structure, identifying wood destroying critters and their source of infestation.
Home Fumigation vs. Spot Treatment
- Kills all termites, even hidden or inaccessible colonies
- One treatment eliminates 100% of termites
- No drilling necessary
- Residents must prepare their home and leave it for a few days
- Costs more than most spot treatments, but eliminates 100% of termites
- Colonies must be found to be treated
- Multiple treatments may be necessary if all termites are not eliminated
- Requires drilling
- Pest management professionals must inspect the home, and residents may have to leave until chemical dries
- Cost per treatment is less than fumigation, but multiple services are often needed.
The Fumigation Process Explained in Four Easy Steps:
- Your home is carefully prepared and tented
- The tent is filled with fumigant
- Every single termite dies
- The tent is vented and your home is termite free. The gas completely exits your home and does not leave behind surface residue or living termites.
Education and inspection are the keys to protecting your property from termites. We recommend professional termite inspections every 2-3 years. Otherwise, termite control is more difficult, perhaps leaving your home under attack by termite infestations.
As a homeowner, here are a few ideas to help prevent termite infestations:
- Stack all wood and wooden items several feet away from your building
- For construction, use only pressure-treated wood which touches the ground
- Fix leaking water fixtures and lines
- Repair any downspouts, eaves, gables and shingles
- Use yellow or pale amber outdoor bulbs, especially during the spring.
Our Difference in Broward & Palm Beach
Whether your rental property is in between tenants, you're preparing to list your home, or your personal residence has an infestation, we are the team to turn to for effective extermination.
Our approach to pest control combines the most advanced technology in the space with proven methods we have compiled for South Florida through our many years in service. Meaning no two pest control treatments are the same. We customize all our plans to get pests out of your home and keep them out through the year.
We strive to be a trusted provider of services by offering the following to our customers in Broward & Palm Beach:
- Emergency services available
- Free estimates
- Same-day service
- Free termite inspections
- Convenient hours
Same-Day and Weekend Service
When a pest emergency strikes at 10 am on a Sunday before the big event, you need someone there immediately. We work around your schedule, so you focus on what is important to you
Free Comprehensive Inspection
During our free comprehensive inspection, we will inspect your home from top to bottom, inside and out, for current or potential pest problems.
100% Pest Free Guarantee
Our pest-free guarantee is to give you peace of mind. If we are unable to resolve your pest problem, our technicians will come back until your pest problem is solved at no cost to you.
Professional & Experienced Technicians
Most of our technicians have been with us from the beginning. We continually invest in new technology and advanced training for technicians, so they are always using the latest techniques to protect your home. You can rest assured that all personnel are screened and background-checked for your total peace of mind.
Let us do the price shopping for you. We believe in fair and transparent pricing. We are continually surveying competitor’s pricing to provide you the quality service you need at or below market prices.
The Right Choice For Your Home or Business
JP Miller & Sons Services has over 45 years of experience treating commercial pest problems of all shapes and sizes here in Broward and Palm Beach.
- We are family-owned and operated, and we have been in business since 1974.
- Our #1 priority is taking care of our customers and we provide exceptional services at a fair price.
- We have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- We offer one-time and ongoing treatment options, as well as same-day services.
- Our office staff and service technicians work as a team to provide quality customer service, fast response times, and flexible scheduling.
- To provide a higher level of service and comfort, the technician who provides your estimate will be the same technician who provides your service.
Say Goodbye To Termites.
Whether you have a current problem with termites or not at your Broward or Palm Beach property, JP Miller & Sons Services is the expert in protecting your building from these wood-destroying pests.
With our wide range of services, we can help with pre-construction, post-construction, and WDO Reports.