Whitefly Treatment in Broward and Palm Beach.
If you’re seeking a Broward and Palm Beach whitefly treatment specialist who knows how to get the job done right the first time, you’ve located the right business. At JP Miller & Sons Services, Inc, we take tremendous pride in the high-quality work we do. With more than 45 years of service to those in the Broward and Palm Beach area, we are confident in our ability to meet your needs with unparalleled precision.
Broward and Palm Beach Rugose Spiraling Whitefly
The Rugose Spiraling Whitefly is a large, slow moving insect capable of infesting a wide range of landscape plants such as:
- Gumbo limbo
- Calophyllum (Tamanu)
- Black olive
- Wax Myrtle
- Live Oak
- Several shrubs and other plants
Spiraling Broward and Palm Beach Whitefly Treatment For Palm Trees
Whiteflies are small, winged insects that belong to the Order Hemiptera which also includes aphids scales, mealybugs, and bugs. These insects typically feed on the underside of leaves with their “needle-like” mouthparts. Whiteflies can seriously injure host plants by sucking juices from them causing wilting, yellowing, stunting, leaf drop, or even death.
What Are Whiteflies
According to Wikipedia, "Whiteflies are small hemipterans that typically feed on the undersides of plant leaves. They comprise the family Aleyrodidae, the only member of the superfamily Aleyrodoidea. More than 1550 species have been described. The adult whitefly resembles a very small moth with a yellow body and white wings with a faint grey band in the middle of the wings. Immature stages (eggs and nymphs) can be found primarily on the underside of the leaves. Prior to adult emergence, the nymphs are tan to light green discs with red eyes. The underside of infested leaves look like they are dotted with small, silver or white spots which are actually the empty “skin” of the pupae after the adult emerges.
Spiral Whitefly Signs in Broward and Palm Beach
In addition to feeding on the nutrient in the leaf tissue, the rugose whitefly will produce a very sticky secretion known as "honeydew". This sticky film is produced in such high quantities that it drips of the leaves and falls onto whatever lies beneath the canopy of the tree. This honeydew will start to appear on decks, driveways, cars, patio furniture, the pool and even the roof and walls of the home. The honeydew will then start to turn black as sooty mold forms on the surface. Ants are also highly attracted to honeydew as a primary food source.
- White spirals and buildup of white waxy substance on leaves
- Plants can get infested and make the majority of leaves turn white.
- They produce Honeydew which leads to Sooty Mold and this turns things black like the tree trunk and anything beneath the tree*
Whitefly In Your Broward and Palm Beach Pool
If the whitefly gets in the pool, they will impact the filter and chlorine levels. The pool will start to turn green as the chlorine will no longer be able to stabilize the organic material in the water. Minimize insect infestations with these suggestions from the United States Department of Agriculture Systematic Entomology Laboratory:
- Visually inspect your plants.
- Provide ideal growing conditions. Nothing keeps insects at bay like a healthy plant.
- Destroy old crop residues that harbor whitefly infestations unless large numbers of natural enemies of whitefly are detected. Destroy all crop residues infected with virus.
- Plant resistant varieties where available.
- Plant earlier in the spring and late in the fall to avoid high infestations late in the season and use short-season varieties.
- Avoid planting next to crops infested with whitefly and avoid carry-over from infested plant material.
- Delay planting fall vegetables until whitefly migration has diminished: Use physical barriers during heavy migration or plant tolerant crops during these periods.
- Adopt spraying methods that improve coverage, especially underneath leaves.
Our Difference in Broward and Palm Beach
Whether your rental property is in between tenants, you're preparing to list your home, or your personal residence has an infestation, we are the Broward ant exterminator team to turn to for effective extermination.
Our approach to pest control combines the most advanced technology in the space with proven methods we have compiled for South Florida through our many years in service. Meaning no two pest control treatments are the same. We customize all our plans to get pests out of your home and keep them out through the year.
We strive to be a trusted provider of services by offering the following to our customers in Broward and Palm Beach:
- Emergency services available
- Free estimates
- Same-day service
- Free termite inspections
- Convenient hours
Same-Day and Weekend Service
When a pest emergency strikes at 10 am on a Sunday before the big event, you need someone there immediately. We work around your schedule, so you focus on what is important to you
Free Comprehensive Inspection
During our free comprehensive inspection, we will inspect your home from top to bottom, inside and out, for current or potential pest problems.
100% Pest Free Guarantee
Our pest-free guarantee is to give you peace of mind. If we are unable to resolve your pest problem, our technicians will come back until your pest problem is solved at no cost to you.
Professional & Experienced Technicians
Most of our technicians have been with us from the beginning. We continually invest in new technology and advanced training for technicians, so they are always using the latest techniques to protect your home. You can rest assured that all personnel are screened and background-checked for your total peace of mind.
Let us do the price shopping for you. Our Broward and Palm Beach pest control company believes in fair and transparent pricing. We are continually surveying competitor’s pricing to provide you the quality service you need at or below market prices.
The Right Choice For Your Home or Business
JP Miller & Sons Services has over 45 years of experience treating commercial pest problems of all shapes and sizes here in Broward and Palm Beach.
- We are family-owned and operated, and we have been in business since 1974.
- Our #1 priority is taking care of our customers and we provide exceptional services at a fair price.
- We have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- We offer one-time and ongoing treatment options, as well as same-day services.
- Our office staff and service technicians work as a team to provide quality customer service, fast response times, and flexible scheduling.
- To provide a higher level of service and comfort, the technician who provides your estimate will be the same technician who provides your service.