Roaches. . .
When you are thinking about your home, you often don’t think about the hidden pests issues that you don’t see. Our homes in Boca Raton can have roaches, termites, and other pest that are out of sight, hidden behind drywall, cabinets, and appliances, or even in our attics. You may wake up one night and come face to face with a large roach on your bathroom wall, realizing that there are creepy crawling pests in your home.
How to get rid of cockroaches in house
So what do you do? Here are some tips for the Boca Raton homeowner to help reduce roaches from making your home, their home.
1. Reducing moisture in your home and keep your kitchen and eating areas clean, humidity and food debris make it a welcome environment for hungry, disease-laden cockroaches.
2. Use baits for roaches. “For children, being exposed to cockroaches regularly can trigger their asthma and reduce their quality of life. But a study in The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology found that just by putting cockroach bait in homes, the number of pests was reduced significantly and children had almost 50 fewer days with asthma symptoms a year.”
- Place bait close to or in cockroach harborages
- Apply bait to cracks and crevices in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Always read and follow the label
- Don’t place bait where pesticide has been sprayed, or to surfaces where they will be washed away or mopped up.
3. Clean drains: “drains can be conducive to any insect activity if they are not regularly being cleaned”
Roach exterminator near me in Boca Raton
If you are not a pest control DIY person, give us a call and we can schedule for you a free inspection and recommend the best treatment options to eliminate the roaches and other pests in your Boca Raton home.